Kick-start your career in interdisciplinary nanoscience and nanotechnology
NanoLund always welcomes applications from outstanding candidates for Masters projects, PhD studies or for postdoctoral work. We offer:
- a creative, world-class interdisciplinary research environment for fundamental and applied nanoscience
- state-of-the-art infrastructure for the fabrication and characterization of nanostructures
- a highly regarded scientific education
- internships in nanotechnology industry
- intellectual property training
- a strong international nanoscience network
- family-friendly living conditions and a high degree of social security
- a competitive salary and full employment contracts for PhD students and postdocs
Positions with NanoLund research groups (right now: 3)
|Solid State Physics||
Dina huvudsakliga arbetsuppgifter är inom personaladministration, men innefattar även
forskningsadministration. Arbetsuppgifterna inkluderar:
• Förberedande av underlag för anställning av lärare/forskare och teknisk/administrativ personal.
• Hantering av doktorandanställningar, såväl utlysningar som förlängningar.
• Hantering av ledigheter, stipendier, arvoden, timlöner, varsel etc.
• Fungera som stöd åt avdelningsföreståndare, forskargruppscheferna och övriga anställda i
• Viss hantering av reseräkningar och resebokningar.
• Vara behjälplig med andra administrativa arbetsuppgifter
• I viss mån utveckla det personaladministrativa arbetet.
Du kommer att jobba i nära samarbete med dina kollegor och kommer även att arbeta direkt mot
avdelningens forskare och annan personal.
Contact: Anneli Löfgren (email@example.com)
Apply online: full announcement (application deadline December 12th)
|Application deadline December 12|
|Solid State Physics||
Postdoctoral position in Material Science (PA2018/3469)
Within this project basic as well as applied research related to development of III-V semiconductor nanowires will be conducted, especially with respect to materials used in optoelectronic and solar cell applications. Time resolved optical characterization will be used to gain insight into the materials. This will include studies of surface passivation. The research will also involve electro-optical investigations, such as photoconductivity studies and will have strong links to materials science as well as to device fabrication. Materials characterization by electron microscopy and other methods will be carried out on devices in order to correlate spectroscopy and structure. The position will include supervision of diploma students and PhD students. The candidate will help to secure research funding. The position may include teaching activities on undergraduate, graduate and PhD level.
Contact: Magnus T Borgström (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Apply online: full announcement (application deadline January 6th)
|Application deadline January 6|
|Synchrotron Radiation Research||
Postdoc position: Nanoscale X-ray physics (PA2018/3915)
The project will develop methods to study semiconductor nanodevices at high spatial resolution. Possible studies include for instance X-ray detection, X-ray diffraction of operational devices, and phase transitions. The candidate will have significant freedom to influence the direction of the project, and is expected to take initiatives and drive the project quite independently.
The project will create nanostructured devices, for instance single nanowire devices, using electron beam lithography, metal evaporation and other nanofabrication tools. The candidate will have access to the Lund Nano Lab, which has world class facilities for nanodevice fabrication. There are also ample opportunities for collaboration with groups focused on synthesis and device fabrication in the NanoLund network.
Nanostructures will initially be characterized using electrical and optical methods. Subsequently, the devices will be investigated using nanofocused X-ray beams at the Nanomax beamline at the new MAX IV synchrotron, as well as at PETRA-III in Germany, ESRF in France and possibly other international synchrotron facilities.
Contact: Jesper Wallentin (email@example.com)
Apply online: full announcement (application deadline January 31th)
|Application deadline January 31|