I have started as a PhD student in October 2014 (PhD4Energy project).
The objectives of my research are:
- Synthesis of a specific porphyrin that according to prior theory can generate thermoelectricity (TE) (First generation).
- Synthesis of a congener porphyrin not supposed to generate TE.
- Improving the original synthetic route allowing for large-scale production of the specific porphyrin.
- Designing new porphyrin structures (second generation) for improved TE performance based on theoretical calculations (Assist. Prof. Martin Leijnse (MJ), Solid State Physics, LU and Ph.D fellow Kim Georg Lind Pedersen (KGLP), Niels Bohr Institute and Nano-Science Center.
- Synthesizing the second-generation porphyrins.
- TE measurements on equipment developed for single-molecule experiments (Prof. Pramod Reddy (PR), Univ. of Michigan).