Scientific writing and publishing with impact
Scope and objectives: In this 1-day workshop, you will learn essential strategies and tools on how to plan, write, edit and publish scientific papers that make an impact on the intended audience. The workshop is interactive, with discussions and exercises used throughout to help you learn through practice.
At the end of the workshop you will understand:
- The importance of framing and story in scientific writing
- A step-by-step approach to planning and writing scientific stories in general, and scientific papers in particular
- Techniques for clear, concise and coherent writing
- Journal editorial processes, including those at high-impact journals
- How to communicate with editors and reviewers
Workshop leader: Dr. Dan Csontos, CEO and Editorial Director of Elevate Scientific. Dan has 20 years’ experience in academia, science publishing and science communications. He was previously an Associate Editor with Nature and Nature Physics, Science Editor and Project Manager for Macmillan Science Communications, as well as a freelance science writer and editor.
Please apply before 18 October!
Places on this training course are limited. All applicants will be informed of their application outcome shortly after the deadline.