Kick-start your career in interdisciplinary nanoscience and nanotechnology
A key-success factor for NanoLund is our wide sharing of equipment that allows everyone – from doctoral students to new faculty – to access an incredibly wide range of capabilities within characterization, fabrication and modelling, from the day they start working with us.
NanoLund always welcomes applications from outstanding candidates for masters projects, doctoral studies or postdoctoral work.
Welcome with your application!
- a creative, world-class interdisciplinary research environment for fundamental and applied nanoscience
- state-of-the-art infrastructure for the fabrication and characterization of nanostructures
- a strong international nanoscience network
- a highly regarded scientific education
- internships in nanotechnology industry
- intellectual property training
- family-friendly living conditions and a high degree of social security
- a competitive salary and full employment contracts for doctoral students and postdocs
Current vacancies in NanoLund research groups
All positions are regularly posted in the Lund University recruitment system. Vacancy announcements within NanoLund are listed below. To apply for a position, click the Login and apply button in the vacancy announcement, and you will be guided to the recruitment system.
Postdoctoral fellow in biophysics
Work duties: The postdoc will fabricate nanotubes at the Lund Nano Lab, and use them for probing single cells in the context of cancer research. This includes using nanotubes for injecting fluorescent molecular probes in cells followed by readout using fluorescence microscopy, as well as using nanotubes for pumping material from cells in longitudinal studies of cancer cells.
Nanofabrication, fluorescence microscopy (including super-resolution microscopy (STED)), immunostaining, flow cytometry, cell culture will be used extensively in this project. The project is truly interdisciplinary and the candidate is expected to thrive both in a clean-room environment and in a biomedicine laboratory.
Supervisor: Christelle Prinz, Professor at Solid State Physics
Last application date: 26 February 2021
Would you like to have your vacancy posted here? Please send an e-mail to webmaster [at] nano [dot] lu [dot] se.
How to apply?
Here you will find useful information on How to apply? and How to subscribe for job alerts?
Lund University offers a broad range of activities for doctoral students, postdocs and research team leaders to promote career development.