Kick-start your career in interdisciplinary nanoscience and nanotechnology
A key-success factor for NanoLund is our wide sharing of equipment that allows everyone – from doctoral students to new faculty – to access an incredibly wide range of capabilities within characterization, fabrication and modelling, from the day they start working with us.
NanoLund always welcomes applications from outstanding candidates for masters projects, doctoral studies or postdoctoral work.
Welcome with your application!
- a creative, world-class interdisciplinary research environment for fundamental and applied nanoscience
- state-of-the-art infrastructure for the fabrication and characterization of nanostructures
- a strong international nanoscience network
- a highly regarded scientific education
- internships in nanotechnology industry
- intellectual property training
- family-friendly living conditions and a high degree of social security
- a competitive salary and full employment contracts for doctoral students and postdocs
Current vacancies in NanoLund research groups
All positions are regularly posted in the Lund University recruitment system. Vacancy announcements within NanoLund are listed below. To apply for a position, click the Login and apply button in the vacancy announcement, and you will be guided to the recruitment system.
Doctoral student in physics with focus on photonics/nanotechnology
The PhD student will work on detectors made of type II superlattice semiconductor materials in the project “Megapixel superlattice detectors with optical metasurfaces” financially supported by the Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research (SSF).
The aim of the project is to develop the next generation megapixel imaging sensors exhibiting state-
of-the-art performance. This will be accomplished by developing novel resonator pixels and advanced
The tasks of the PhD student include:
- Modelling of type-II infrared detectors with optical resonator structures using in-house simulation tools, as well as commercial tools such as Comsol and Lumerical.
- Fabrication of infrared detectors with resonator structures using advanced processing equipment in a top-class cleanroom environment.
- Structural, electrical, and optical characterization of imaging sensor arrays using e.g. electron microscopy, current-voltage/capacitance-voltage measurement techniques, and photocurrent/photoluminescence spectroscopy.
- Dissemination of research findings through publishing in leading international academic journals and high impact conferences.
This PhD position is part of an extensive collaboration between IRnova, Lund University and Halmstad University.
The PhD student will spend most of the time at IRnova in Stockholm, but also carry out advanced processing/characterization work at NanoLund and at Halmstad University.
Application deadline: 15 January 2022
Four advantageous associate senior lectureships
The Faculty of Science wants to provide early-career researchers with an opportunity over a six-year period to develop a long-term research activity as well as qualify for promotion to senior lecturer. The faculty is therefore announcing vacancies for up to four positions as associate senior lecturer within the faculty’s subject areas. In order to support the formation of a research team, resources corresponding to at least one doctoral studentship and one two-year postdoc position will be linked to the appointment. One of the requirements for employment as an associate senior lecturer is that the candidate has been awarded a PhD or has corresponding research expertise. The application deadline is 15 February.
- Read the vacancy announcement in the Varbi recruitment system
- Vice dean Anders Tunlid talks about the initiative in an interview on the faculty website
Would you like to have your vacancy posted here? Please send an e-mail to webmaster [at] nano [dot] lu [dot] se.
HR Excellence in Research
Lund University has received EU’s certification, HR Excellence in Research, for its dedication to support career development of researchers.
How to apply?
Here you will find useful information on How to apply? and How to subscribe for job alerts?
Lund University offers a broad range of activities for doctoral students, postdocs and research team leaders to promote career development.